Eddie Coupe is the Industry Programs Officer at the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF). In this role he works with Mark Woods on the management of film financing event 37°South Market, talent workshop Accelerator Lab and the MIFF Premiere Fund. An Arts and Cultural Management Masters graduate of Melbourne University, Coupe has also for the past 8 years acted as Production Manager on the award-winning, annual music event, the Riverboats Music Festival.
Eddie is hosting a Roundtable with Mark Woods on “The ins and outs of the MIFF Premiere Fund”.
Ready, Steady, Pitch!
Mark and Eddie are seeking the following pitches:
- Films that fit the Premiere Fund branding of “Stories that need telling”.
- Feature-length narrative drama intended for theatrical release; examples include: Acute Misfortune, Balibo, Bran Nue Dae, Blessed, Downriver, Paper Planes, These Final Hours and The Turning.
- Feature-length documentary intended for theatrical release; examples include: Bastardy, The Coming Back Out Ball Movie, The Family, The Eulogy, Not Quite Hollywood, Putuparri & The Rainmakers, The Songkeepers and Westwind.
- Special interest in content that is Indigenous-themed
- Special interest in films from Accelerator Lab alumni
- The more connections to Victoria that the proposal has the better, but at a minimum projects must include a Victorian-based producer and the Victorian spend for project is required to be several times greater than the amount sought from the Premiere Fund.
- Anything under 80 minutes duration
- Anything without some connection to Victoria
- Anything without Victorian spend